Sunday, May 31, 2009

so we're moving again


Apparently Greg and I are good-luck charms when it comes to selling your house in a down economy. We sold our house in 64 days and moved in with my parents whose house had been on the market for two months. We thought we'd have plenty of time to stay, as they hadn't had very many "lookers." Well whadya know, they sold their house about 60 days after we moved in.

We have to be out by June 22, at which point we'll move to an apartment for a few months while we're doing the remodel at the farmhouse.....that is, unless someone out there who's trying to sell their house wants to invite us in for some of our good luck.

Mom and I packed the kitchen on Saturday, which is why I ate my cereal out of a juice cup this morning. We only have 3 bowls that aren't packed and Greg used the last one before my breakfast time. Other than the cereal getting soggy really fast, it was no big deal. Guess I'll be roughing it for the next few months.

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments wishing Greg and I a happy anniversary. We sure feel blessed to be together and to have wonderful blog-readers like you :)

4 comments:

stephanie howell said...

you are nomads. gypsies. HEE! xo

Houston said...

You all have some great house selling mojo going... I'd advertise in the local paper!

Kimber-Leigh said...

well, if you need to live in asheville anytime...i'm sure my parents would love to have you be their good luck charms!

Kimberly said...

Don't you need a vacation in a 'burb of Atlanta? We are still in the country and the lake is full and a boat at your disposal. We HAVE to be in BG in July........come bring us luck in our house!