Wednesday, June 17, 2009

TGM - bathing in a tropical paradise

If you've been following my blog, you know we had to move again, this time into an apartment while we wait for our farmhouse to be remodeled. Well, yesterday was that day (moving day #2 this year).

While I was at VBS last night, Greg was home with pink eye, I asked him to pick up a shower curtain liner and some rings so we'd be able to take a shower this morning. He has a way of spending waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than he should when he's asked to pick up one or two things and getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I ever ask for at the store, so I told him these 2 items should cost about $3-5 together.

When I got back home last night, I didn't bother to check out the purchase because there were too many boxes to unpack, so it wasn't until this morning I learned that I would be bathing in a tropical paradise.

What's funny about this is that at any other point in our marriage or living arrangements, I probably would have flipped out and told Greg there was no way I'd hang a beach scene in our bathroom for our company to see, but at this point in my life (and it's a crazy life right now), I actually thought it was funny and I was happy to hang it up.

When I thanked him for my tropical oasis, he told me it was either that or pengiuns, and that he knew me well enough to get the tropical oasis.....LOL.

So, while I was taking photos of our staycation this summer, what was behind curtain #1?

I was just going to take photos of him and never post them, but I couldn't resist. When I wash my face, I generally think that it's relaxing and gentle, but doesn't it look like he's inflicting pain upon himself?

(if this photo is removed later, you'll know that G saw it and had me take it down....heehee)

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Now, all you need is a "plug in" with the coconut smell and you can close your eyes and listen to beach wave music! LOL Enjoy your STAYCATION!

Zorina said...

Ha! Tropical Oasis??! How cute is that? Well, have a blast.

Karen said...

Cute photo....

Houston said...

That is HILARIOUS! Hope you enjoy your tropical getaway!

*reyanna* said...

Seriously looks like he's bumping his head on something! HA! Jeremy makes funny faces when he's washing his face too! LOL.

Your reaction is so much like me too... I would have flipped if that shower curtain would have ended up in our bathroom in any *other* instance. But yeah... here... too funny. It made me giggle. :)

lisa truesdell said...

i think you need to buy some sandbox sand and sprinkle it across the floor for a full beach experience. ;)

Terri said...

He is too funny. it is a guy thing isn't it? like getting clean is painful or something!

Ally said...

Ahhh - see how mellow you are becoming in your old age ;-)

I think temporary tropical oasis paradises are good for the soul anyway. Good for you for going with the flow...

Joaniebolognie said...

Thank you April for the sweet compliment on Sketches! {by tamara}...I SO love that KIT!!!!

As for your Tropical Oasis...I think Kimberly has the right idea...Glade definitely as a Mango plug-in!!!!!!

nailgirl said...

Wow, that shower curtain rocks! ha...men are so funny sometimes!