Wednesday, May 6, 2009

i'm really not a practical joker

I'm seriously not a practical joker.

I'm practical, which is why I'm not a joker.

Playing jokes usually means wasting money, and I'm just not into throwing money away for any reason....until an opportunity presented itself that only cost me $5.

Lorie was putting together a co-ed softball team and they needed a sponsor for their t-shirts. Since both she and Greg were playing, I offered to let Studio Calico provide the tees. Word got out that we were the sponsor, and one of our mutual friends, Shaun, decided to make a snide comment, "They're going to be pink, aren't they?"

First of all, I'm not a "pink" sort of gal. I don't even think I own a piece of clothing with pink on it, so the thought of making pink co-ed softball shirts wasn't even an inkling of an idea until he made that comment.

So, when I ordered the tees, I had them make one extra....can you guess which one it was?


Greg is on the team, although you can't see him in the photo. He kind of wanders off at times.

I'll leave you with a layout I created recently. As always, let me know if you have any questions.
Supplies: Patterned Paper by Crate, Wild Cards, Typo Alphabet by American Crafts, Fabulous Die Cuts, Journaling Stickers by Sassafras, Chipboard by Maya Road, American Crafts, and Jenni Bowlin, Label Stickers, Felt by Chatterbox and Creative Imaginations, and Vintage Mini-Postcards from Studio Calico.

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am so envious of you all playing softball. I played all through high school and played for my college. Dang, we should be in Bowling Green already!

Jenni said...

What a funny joke! Super cute LO April...love the color combo!

Cassi said...

super funny!

nice use of the CI polkadot felt.

Houston said...

That is hilarious, snide comments deserve a little pay back! Great layout!

Kelly said...

hee hee..that's awesome April. I'll bet he watches what he says next time ;o)

nicole said...

i love this story and layout. but, i think you need to go out and add 1 pink item to your wardrobe...even if it's a super pale pink {did i mention it goes fabulously with grey?}. =)

Tara said...

That is hysterical!
Some guys just never know when to keep their mouths shut.
I'm seeing a layout entitled "Pretty in Pink".

Christina O said...

That is such a funny joke! Something that I would have done too! Great layout!

Kimber-Leigh said...

funny!

Lacey said...

April- where can we get a SC tshirt? :)

Davinie Fiero said...

Have you been kayaking on your property?! I am so jealous of that. That would be a ton of fun, especially right out the front door!