Friday, May 22, 2009

sassafras lovin'

Just a little layout for fun.


I really wanted to try my hand at misting the same object over and over to see if I could keep it interesting. I think I pulled it off.

Then, I wanted to try my hand at using that star stamp by Sassafras about a million gazillion times on a single layout. So classic and yet so fabulous!

Supplies: Patterned Paper (October Afternoon); Cardstock (American Crafts); Chipboard (Sassafras & Maya Road - for mask); Mist (Maya Road); Stamps (Studio Calico & Sassafras); Letter "N" (Making Memories)




Here's a mini-tutorial for the misting/stamping portion of this layout.





To get the faded effect for the stars, simply press in ink once and stamp 3 times before re-inking.

Let me know if you have any questions.

7 comments:

Houston said...

I always want to grab a mist and start playing when I see your layouts! Fantastic!

Tara said...

That's a fantastic idea. I've got three boys so I haven't used my little keychain people because there's only one little guy.

meganklauer said...

Adorable! Love those chipboard frames! I so have to try some mist one of these days!

Kimber-Leigh said...

cute page! i love that cloud paper...haven't used mine yet!

casey boyd said...

adorable page! love it. I think I need to be ordering some of that mist :)

stephanie howell said...

pure perfection. xo

Angela W said...

Love the layout! So simple but yet still perfect! I have to play with my mist more! Love the effect of your stamping too!