Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm alive and kicking

Sorry for the absence from my blog this past week.
I've felt pretty blech lately, which is a good thing, but counterproductive to blogging.

Ready for my beta numbers?
  • Friday, March 12: 157
  • Monday, March 15: 684
  • Wednesday, March 17: 1444
Before the numbers reach 1000, it's imperative that they at least triple over a 3 day period and double in a two day period. As you can see, mine did just that, with a doubling rate of 1.4 days between Friday and Monday, and 1.7 days between Monday and Wednesday.

These numbers show that everything is going as it should.
And if I needed any more proof, I just get a whiff of any food and instantly become nauseous. Actually, I don't even need a sniff. During the Kansas (ahem, Northern Iowa) game I caught a glance at a Gordon's fish commercial and that was enough to do me in. Gag.

Back to beta numbers. On the 9th day post day 5 transfer (also considered the 14th day after ovulation), if the beta is above 50, there's an 80% chance of having a healthy baby. Last year, my beta on this day was a 91, and albeit good, I fell in that sad 20%. This time, I'm hoping I'm in the 80%.

I'll be back with a summary post on my IVF experience as well as my final calendar. Greg is also threatening to talk about IVF from his perspective.

19 comments:

Lulu said...

So glad your numbers are good!!!:)

My first pregnancy Cat food made me puke every time too.. Not that it ever smelt good in the first place though... lol

sarah said...

i know nothing about beta numbers, but sounds like those are great! :)

my mom told me she could never drink orange juice when she was pregnant with me. she said it reminded her of raw egg yolks + it made her gag. ah, the fun side effects of growing a baby ;)

Becky said...

I've been thinking about you lots lately and I'm so thankful your numbers are good! YAY! Glad to hear you are nauseated (in a good way, of course!) :)

Emily Pitts said...

yay for doubling and tripling! hopefully it's just numbers ;)

Joaniebolognie said...

Thank goodness all is well!!! I have been on "pins & needles" waiting for a blog post!

SO glad to hear about the nausea!!!! (you know what I mean!)

Barb said...

Glad you're feeling lousy, April.
:)

lisa truesdell said...

hooray for good numbers!! and i hope that icky feeling sticks around for a while. ;)

*reyanna* said...

Tee hee. Your comments are making me giggle... we're all wishing nausea upon you, apparently. LOL.

I'm glad you're doing well (I'll admit, I was a bit worried...), and that your beta numbers are UP THERE! YAY!

You guys will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. :-)

And I would be interested in Greg's perspective as well... :-)

katrina said...

what great news for you guys :) lol...i guess i don't feel too badly for being kind of relieved that you are nauseous since everyone else is :)

justem said...

You are perhaps the only person that I would say "Happy Morning Sickness" to! ;) And I would love to hear what Greg has to say!

Anonymous said...

great great news!! I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!
Beth Ann

marnie said...

i, too, was worrying. (it's my nature.) glad those pesky numbers are moving in their proper direction.

:)

Angela W said...

Wonderful! I will be praying that you are in the 80% too! Hugs!

lindsay k./aggiebonfire00 said...

we added you guys to our nightly prayers, and tonight i slipped up without mentioning y'all. my five year old said, "what about miss april's baby?" gotta love a kid with a memory of an elephant! praying for your pregnancy!

kathleen said...

I am so glad to hear about your doubling & tripling numbers and even your icky sickiness! It's all GREAT new! I too was getting a little worried about you guys! I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Kimber-Leigh said...

so thankful to hear a good report, morning sickness and all :) continuing to pray for a healthy pregnancy!

AmyInKy said...

I understand your Gordon's commercial comment. When I was pregnant with our younger son, Barry White was doing the Arby's commercials. I got sick on Arby's and for the rest of my pregnancy (and even a while after!) when I'd just hear him on the commercial (I wouldn't even have to see the food), my stomach would turn!
Good luck with everything!!! :)

emily said...

So glad to hear everything is looking great so far! I am thinking the happiest of happy thoughts for you and Greg and the littlest one. :)

Anna Sigga said...

I am so happy for you both!!<3