Thursday, February 4, 2010

studio calico february kit layouts

I recently realized that I show my sneaks of my Studio Calico layouts every month, but I never show the real deal. Sorry about that.

I was a little unsure about the kit this month because I loved the colors, but I wasn't sure I'd like it more than the January, WHODUNIT kit. After all, I was on a high after that kit. It was just right up my alley. Surprisingly, although I liked the looks of WHODUNIT kit as a whole, I liked the results of my layouts with BAKER'S DOZEN.

This is the layout that I hit the trifecta on for the first time ever. Yes, I sewed, typed, and misted on a single layout. This day will be written in the history books for sure.

Actually, I was quite pleased with myself for typing along those stripes at an angle. That took a bit of finagling. The supplies I used in addition to the main kit are listed (and linked) below:

This was another layout that I had fun making. I used items from the Petit Fours add-on, which is now sold out, plus these items:
This is another layout made from the Petit Fours add-on kit. For the first time ever, I used an entire pack of an embellishment (the paper strips by making memories). I used the alphabet in this kit as a mask for the words. Below are the items I used in addition to the kit for this layout:
Last, this is one of the layouts that I just felt so smart making. Isn't that a good feeling to get when you think you've come up with a great idea? Even if it's not all that original, but you just feel clever. Well, that was me with this layout. I had the idea to use my 3" Square Marvy punch and make polaroid shapes from various patterned papers. So, that's just what I did, then I scattered them around the page and painted the center of some with the blank canvas paint. I also used orange and carnation mist to spray the background of the cardstock. It's a pink boy layout, but I think it works.

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

6 comments:

Ally said...

That first layout - one of my all-time faves. Really, really fun.

stephanie howell said...

love these. your layouts have such a fun, free-spirited vibe. i envy that!

Renata Moni said...

Love your style! You rock!!!

Tara Powell said...

I must agree, the poloroid idea is genius, I may copy that!
I love how you mist on all of your layouts, the masking with letters looks great.
Don't you just love the new Maya colors? The fern green is awesome
Have a great weekend!
Tara

Sasha Farina said...

the polaroid layout is oh so clever April. I dig that one!

*reyanna* said...

These look awesome! LOVE the layout with the "polaroids"! :D