Thursday, February 11, 2010

snowy cow photos



I hope you like snowy cow photos because this year has been exceptional for them.

  1. We've had lots of snow...more than we've had in 10 years, I'd say.
  2. We have cows.
And that, folks, are the reasons I have lots of snowy cow photos.

I've also learned that some cows know how to stay clean and others are first to find the mud.

Here's cow #1, which Greg has always described as "She's pretty but she's crazy." That also characterized G's prior 2 girlfriends before me, so I would say he knows what he's talking about.

Now, she's all gussied up in her winter coat and she couldn't be more gorgeous. But she's still crazy, so you might want to stay away.

I took this photo to show the difference between a cow with calf and without calf. Above, you see a skinny cow.

Below, you see a fat cow.

Notice the width difference. It's quite humorous, actually.

A cut little calf who somehow got mud on his face.


awwwwwwwwww

Getting tired in the sun.

She's awake now....waiting for food.

Still waiting.
Just a bit disheveled.
Compare her to #1. Now do you see why Greg says she's pretty?

Wondering when I'm going to stop taking photos and feed them.

Still wondering.

I guess they got tired of waiting and went back to the hay.

which is after all, how they stay warm in the winter.

I used the PW's tutorial on these photos to really make the cows pop in the snow. She used it with horses, but all I had to work with was cows. :)

8 comments:

Karen said...

sweet photos. i have been wanting to check out PW photography section. looks like it's worth it. the photos look great!

laura vegas said...

i love the cow pics! i was just talking to my daycare kids yesterday about animals ... and we went through about every animal known to kid-kind (meaning a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old), and they would tell me why i could or could not keep one in my backyard. i really fought for a cow. i think it would look so cool grazing around in my backyard. too bad i live in a total residential area, with a tiny backyard. lol!

Kimberly said...

Great photos! But seriously? I did not know I moved to the Arctic here! Heck, it is warmer in Vancouver, Canada than here.

BTW, I love "COW" faces!

naomi_m said...

My friend's parents have a Jersey cow who is preggers. Apparently she is now nearly as wide as she is long! Here she is .......... http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/naomi_1981/IMG_6636.jpg

april said...

Naomi, what a pretty cow :) Seriously.

Sasha Farina said...

i say greg knows his cows ;)

*reyanna* said...

These photos look great! I need to try more of the PW's tutorials, I'm thinkin... :-) Thanks for the inspiration! :-D

nadia said...

love these!