Monday, July 26, 2010

april foster, nature photographer

In the blistering heat of the hot Kentucky sun (yes, it really was about 93 degrees), I braved the elements in search of nature.

Actually, I was just walking from the house to the barn and noticed the hundreds of butterflies flitting about. And, since I had gone to the house to get my camera in the first place, I thought "why not snap a few photos?"

So there I was bent down, pregnant belly and all, snapping (and sweating) away, when Greg rushed up behind me, "Are you alright?!"

I think he thought I was either (a) sick or (b) hurt.

Of course I was alright, so at that point he began making fun of me for taking my nature photos....which is so out of character for me. It's kind of a "Greg" thing to do, so now he really thinks my brain is gone.

But, seriously, I'm proud of my 100mm 2.8 lens.

4 comments:

Tina said...

lol about greg although, I guess it wasn't funny to him. gotta love our protective men. beautiful shots, that's a really great lens to have.

Michelle said...

Wow!! :) How goregous are your photos?! Love them to bits! That's so cool that there were so many - we only see a rare one out here every so often. :) Lovely!!

Unknown said...

Great photos! Those butterflies are so perfect I thought you were going to say they were paper!! lol

*reyanna* said...

Oooh! So lovely! It's been in the 90s here too, which.. compared to the last two summers... is VERY mild. I'll take it. I'm LOVING the summer weather this year. 90s every day... and even a bit breezy at night. Heavenly. :-)