Tuesday, October 6, 2009

what's in your attic?

While I was looking for this fair poster, and coveting it yet again, I stumbled across this blackboard:


And, of the limited antique/flea market shopping I've done, whadya know? I have this exact blackboard in my closet at home. I ran across it one day, probably while looking for some cool paper items for Studio Calico and I paid about $10 for it.

So, when I saw it at threepotatofour, for $150, I got really excited thinking what I had was worth something!

But before you knew it, I was checking out with the Fair Poster in my cart for $60, and thought, what an idiot I am because they probably paid $3 for it. Then I wasn't so excited.

6 comments:

Dana said...

yep, that's probably right but they do have cool stuff! I'm so jealous when I see other people posting awesome finds that they got for just a tiny bit of money. Our thrift stores charge $2 for ugly kids' shirts...I can NEVER find cool stuff cheap.

Kimberly said...

Don't ya just love fun things? Love this blackboard!

Emily Pitts said...

at least you kind of saved money on the blackboard :)

Kimber-Leigh said...

well...i'm excited you decided on the poster...and i'm a little upset with you for sharing the three potato four website. ;) now i'm in trouble!

Lulu said...

Love the poster... Great choice, even at the price :)

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I love the selection at that site, but I know they mark stuff up like 1,000%. I'd rather be thrifting. Love the poster!