Thursday, November 27, 2008

100

How fitting that my 100th post is on Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for and I'm tempted to list 100 things, but here's a list of just a few things:
  • My wonderful family, including my handsome husband
  • My cantankerous dog, Addy
  • My humble dog, Jett
  • My health
  • My friends
  • My church family
  • Studio Calico and the amazing community there
  • My trip to Paducah this week. Such fun!

About the trip to Paducah...Stephen and his wife, Hannah, came along with us to dig. We had made a trip to this shop earlier this year and knew it was a gold mine for good finds. They have 3 floors open to the public and 2 more packed with junk. Ray, the owner invited us to come and peruse the 4th and 5th floors this week. They opened the store just for us (I felt like Oprah at Nordstrom's) and we got to dig to our hearts' content. Notice all the junky clothes and headlamps we were wearing. This was at the beginning of the night and boy were we dirty (and hungry) by the time we were done digging.


Stephen found a Mammoth Cave pennant, where he loves to go biking.
Greg (from above) looking at vintage Bible story cards.
Stephen with a heap of stamps from a printing press.
Hannah with a card that states: "Will you pay your account promptly or must we fight for it?"

More stamps that Stephen loves.
This is the elevator that still works in the building. Scary enough for me to take the stairs several times. Greg hopped on with our bottle cap (see it behind his legs) and some other goodies from the 5th floor.

All in all, we walked away getting some good deals and having a great time. Thanks to Ray and his sweet wife for opening up for us and for all the counting they did!

4 comments:

Kimber-Leigh said...

happy thanksgiving april! i'm thankful for SC too--you guys have made it a very special place to be!

and that looks like a great place to dig around for treasure! i want to tag along :)

Kirsty Wiseman said...

love that bottle cap - id love to see a photo of it situated in your home.

Also - I love that layout you did of Amber, espesh the text penant borders

Hugs xx

Cassandra West said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope you had a great day!!

Your so luck!! That looks like it would have been so much fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous...I never knew there was such a place in KY...I want to come home now. What is the name of this place? I may have to plan a trip there when I make it home again.

Stephanie P