Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a typical night

I feel so settled in now. After eating left-overs plus some fresh guacamole, I settled in for an hour or so of computer time. Luckily, my partner in crime was right there with me.
There's the Jetster...always has to be right in between you and what you're doing. If I'm cooking, he wants me to pick him up so he can see what's going on. If I'm eating on the couch, he wants to watch the whole time. If I'm scrapping, he lays right at my feet. It's just really hard to use the touchpad when he's touching it at the same time.

A little blurry, but Greg's working on it :)

Anyway, I was asked about my recipe for baked spaghetti. I think "recipe" would be a loose term for what I made, but here's the nuts and bolts of it:
  • 1 lb of lean hamburger meat
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I used Ragu onion & garlic)
  • 1 small can of crushed tomatoes
  • Garlic/Salt/Pepper/Oregano to taste (maybe a 1/2 clove of garlic and a TBSP of Oregano)
  • 1 pkg Angel Hair spaghetti
  • 1 pkg Pepper Jack cheese (you can use shredded or sliced. I like to do a little more than 1 pkg, but it's up to you)
Brown the meat and add the sauce/spices. In a separate pot, cook the noodles and drain.
Put a ladle-full of sauce on the bottom of a corningware dish (I use a 7x9x4" oval), then add a layer of noodles. Add about 3 ladles of sauce and 1/2 pkg of cheese (or more). Repeat.

Cover with glass lid or aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 20 min or until cheese is bubbling.

Now, I'm getting hungry thinking about it and it's getting close to dinner time.....

5 comments:

Cassandra West said...

So cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

awww he's adorable!

vtpuggirl said...

Thanks for the recipe April! I use that sauce too! But I never thought of pepper jack cheese, I'll have to try that. :)

Lauren said...

LOVE the picture of you and your precious!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

you know april, my pooch sits just like that on my mac when Im surfing. I guess he likes the heat from it but sometimes he is too cute to kick off so I end up packing up the surfing and just let him sleep :)