Friday, August 15, 2008

soccer + sneaks

Can I just say I love this time of year?

For some reason this season, this year seems better than most. Maybe it's because I've spent more time outdoors lately. Maybe it's because the Olympics are underway. Maybe it's because I'm loving where I'm at in life right now. 28 is a great year.

Plus, we've done some fun things lately. Yes, that is my husband with 4 teenagers and a fire hydrant. He was asked to be the driver for a photo scavenger hunt. They had to go around town and take pictures of various items and they got bonus points if they were all in the picture with the items. Some of the funnier items were:
  • a picture of the team in a bath tub
  • a picture of the team eating a sandwich
  • someone in a bath robe
  • Big Red (WKU's mascot)

Also this past week, Greg's been coaching Noah's soccer team. Something tells me Noah didn't like the instruction he was receiving.....
I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but this boy is my favorite. I can just look at him and smile. Isn't he a cutie? His name is Patrick and he gets so excited. He's both a player and a cheerleader for the team. In this picture he had just scored a goal and was coming in to give all the "fans" a high five. His victory lap :)
Look at that form!
And, to get the kids to come back to center field after a goal, the kids give Greg "running-high-fives": a phrase coined by Greg himself.
Finally, the Studio Calico sneaks. These are from the Marilyn and Sophia add-ons.

And below is a stamp from Marilyn and the rest from the main kit.

8 comments:

vtpuggirl said...

Thanks for the sneaks! Looks great! That little boy is too cute.

Kimber-Leigh said...

gorgeous april! love the sneaks!

Kirsty said...

Oooh look at those peaks!

All That Chit Chat said...

Cool photos; esp the one with the fire hydrant. Love the perspective on that. And your sneaks are making my fingers itch!

Denise said...

The photo of the the fire hydrant makes me smiles. The boy laughing is hilarious. Nice catch!

Your SC peeks are making me yearn to see more. :o)

Lyn said...

i'm SOOOOO excited about the september kit... i daresay it might be my favorite. and i'm definitely getting as many addons as i can get my hands on!
that coaching job looks like a blast!

liz mataraza said...

yummy sneaks and wonderful pics!

and i finally had the sound up when i visited your blog...it made me think of my son's #2 fave movie...napoleon dynamite. how funny!

Emily Pitts said...

is that houndstooth ribbon? HOW COOL!