Sunday, October 3, 2010

at 33 weeks


  • I fully believe I'm being beaten up from the inside out. Claire has a way of jabbing me in the ribs and some vital organs.
  • I am still the proud owner of a larger bladder. Last night, G got up twice to pee and I stayed firmly planted in the bed.
  • I officially have insomnia. Can't sleep at night. When that happens, I usually get up around 3:00, work a bit or read and go back to bed 2-3 hours later.
  • I have gained 27 lbs total. Higher than I wanted to be at this point, but with only 7 weeks to go, I think I can stay below the 35 lb mark.
  • I am addicted to BlueBell Pecan Pralines. This may have something to do with the weight-gain mentioned above.
  • I am still swelling HUGELY in my right foot specifically. It's painful and almost looks bruised on top. My thought process was that I was glad it was getting cooler so I could wear boots to hide the cankles, but that has backfired on me because none of said boots will fit on said feet.
  • I am still wearing my old pants and making contraptions like a crazy-woman in order not to have to buy clothes that I will only wear a few more weeks.
  • I am almost done with Claire's room!!!!
  • I am not almost done with the list of things that needs to be complete before Claire gets here. Perhaps this is a job that can be completed between 3:00-5:00am tonight since I'm sure I'll be up anyway.

10 comments:

Kelly Goree Photography said...

I know I'm totally inviting myself ;) but if you have a shower coming up, I wanna come! :)

Laura said...

Just FYI, Charlie was born (healthy) at 36 weeks...So get that bag packed too and buy yourself some damn maternity pants. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all. Many hugs! Beth Ann

BabyBokChoy said...

:) Love reading these :) Good for you especially on the bladder thing, lol :)

Zorina said...

really, really so happy for you! i can't wait to meet her soon. with baby H, i only gained 18lbs total but that was because i had GD....so 26lbs is not bad at all.

Megan said...

I have one to add:

* You're the cutest mommy-to-be around.

Love this list!

Sasha Holloway said...

you look good girl .. "cute belly" hee hee

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...you WANTED this, right? Seems like a pretty negative post! 35 pounds is NOTHING - you'll lose at least 20 of that on the day of her birth...and swollen feet goes with the territory! Just be prepared to buy an entire set of NEW shoes because the feet grow with each pregnancy...I went from a size 9 to a size 10.5 after 3 pregnancies.

april said...

To anonymous,
Yes I'm thrilled that I am pregnant and VERY much want this pregnancy. I don't see my post as negative in the slightest, though. Just a reality of what's going on with my changing body.

*reyanna* said...

Sorry... not that my opinion was asked for, but I don't think your post is negative at all, April! I think it's delightful. :-) I love hearing all this stuff! And you look beautiful!

27 pounds IS great! And I think you'll be great with the 7 weeks! And come on... you could do worse than Blue Bell ice cream. I think that's a MUST with southern pregnant women. ;-) Tee hee.

Can't wait to see Claire's room! Your house looks AMAZING!