Monday, April 26, 2010

even more layouts for Granny's Cupboard

In all, I finished 6 layouts for this kit, the most ever in the past few months. The nausea of early pregnancy plus lack of time to scrap contributed to motivation in past months, but most of all, this kit just fell together for me. It's just in bits and pieces now.



On this layout plus my layout for my NSD challenge, I used the bubbles border punch. That's my new favorite border for several reasons, but most of all because I can use the little punched circles as bonus accents on my layouts. I also used the Slice to cut my title. Anyway, it's a special layout because it's not about what you would think...I'll leave it at that :)



This layout was made using the main kit plus brads from the Linens & Lace add-on. I also used two punches: Classic Butterfly and Modern Garland Border (new this month and will post after 12:00pm EST on the 27th). I was thrilled when Lorie asked me to take some photos of Natalee for her third birthday. I found myself in awe of how much she had changed physically, but mostly mentally. She's so much more adventurous now and I love it!


Now, I saved the best till last because this is my favorite layout I made this month. On my recent trip to St. Louis to visit friend plus teach at CKC, I was given the recommendation from one of the students to go to the City Museum. I'll tell more about this later, but let's suffice it to say, I was not dressed for the occasion or prepared with a charged camera battery, so the photos on this page are the only ones I really got from the day, and they were taken in a photobooth. Loved them! I also had saved the bubbles chipboard to use in a grid and it worked perfectly with Nicole's yellow paint that she let me borrow at the crop last weekend. What a fun time we had.

Don't forget, the Granny's Cupboard kits and add-ons go on sale 12:00am EST on the 28th, which is really the night of the 27th for most of us. And, if you're a subscriber, purchase your add-ons 12 hours early....don't forget. Look for the "presale" link under the kits tab.

6 comments:

Jennifer Cowan said...

That was me! I knew you would love the City Museum. It is your kind of place. I guess I should have warned you to dress to climb/play/explore. Did you at least do the big slide? I've done it in a bridesmaids dress and those suckers are fast.

Can't wait to see your layout!

Tammy Tutterow said...

Wait. . . you were at CKC in St. Louis? How did I not know that? I was there too. I totally didn't see your class listed or else I would have been in your class for sure! Sorry I missed you!

Julie Keller said...

Love that bubble punch, I need to get me one of them!

Geothermal Heat Pumps said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joaniebolognie said...

WOW!!!! I love these peeks of your pages...your style is so refreshing! Got to get me that bubble punch!!!!

deb said...

Sounds to me like you have to come back to the City Museum with a fully charged camera and to see your friends again!