Sunday, May 15, 2011

6 months + a winner

Claire, how did you get to be 6 months old so quickly?

You've changed so much in the last month.


You've just barely figured out forward motion.
(I know this photo is out of focus, but I love it anyway....well, I suppose it's in focus if you want to see her neckline.)

You can get your hiney up a tad bit and pull yourself forward. So fun to watch!
To do it, sometimes it requires sticking your tongue out.

Lots of talking going on here.And feeling her 1st tooth with her tongue.
Mostly, this is the face I see: the classic sucking on your bottom lip.

And this one I just threw in for the cuteness factor.
This for the humor.

You're such a good baby. You occupy yourself playing with just about anything I put in front of you. I've been careful not to over-do it with toys, not to give you too much to play with that you don't know how to play.

Here, you are looking at your great-uncle Jody's old shape-sorter. Anyone remember these?


And this swimming motion gets the most comments from your friends.

You're a joy to be with, we couldn't love you any more than we do at this very moment.

Happy half-Birthday Claire!


And SURPRISE!

Vanessa, you're the winner of the Creative Spaces book. Please email me at april@studiocalico.com to claim your prize.
Vanessa said...

Oh yay! I'll have to pick up a copy! Can't wait to see your space :)

May 9, 2011 3:31 PM

9 comments:

Kelly Goree Photography said...

ok. it's entirely too long since i've held her and smooched on those sweet cheeks. i think a visit up here is in order VERY soon! please?!
xoxo to you and claire!

Sasha Farina said...

Miss Claire - I need an updated photo of you to stick on the wall in front of my scrap table, okay? :)) Right now, I have the one with your birth announcement on there. heeehee... tell mommy that. :P

mary ann said...

Oh April,

Just a studio-calico member who loves your baby tooo! Mine are all grown up and I sure miss little ones to love. Would love to know the processing you use to process your precious works of art. They are simply perfect--soft--gentle--pure--sweet--! You are a great photographer! Mary ann

Unknown said...

she is so beautiful April. And Ilove the style of your photos, so full of light. How do you do that girl?

Ursula Schneider said...

Ooops, Jeremy is my hubs, sorry, it was me fawning over the babes, not him. LOL

marcy said...

LOL! My seven year old STILL sucks his bottom lip!

laurie said...

she is beautiful, I love the 6 month age, it's my fave! We always had 6 month birthdays for my three kids, cute to see them open a gift and an excuse for the rest of us to eat cake!! thanks for sharing, she's precious!

Kate aka stinkydudette said...

She's gorgeous, April! Those photos are amazing, out of focus or not. Happy Half-Year Birthday, Claire!

gabbyfek said...

those are my FAVORITE pajamas for olive... and we have that same hand-me-down shapesorter!
she's such a cutie!
xoxo.