She has a dog shirt I bought in 3 sizes and she wears one of them every day, rotating as they become dirty (you might have noticed her lack of wardrobe diversity on my Instagram feed).
Going into her 3rd birthday, I wanted her to have an extra special day. She is at that age where she remembers everything and I wanted this birthday to really stand out. What better way than throwing a dog party?
Thanks so help from members of the Studio Calico community, Claire had a magical day with lots of dogs. You can read all the ideas I received here in case you want to throw a similar celebration for your dog-crazy youngin'.
- Stars - cut from cardstock on my Silhouette machine, then sewed through.
- Dogs, tags, gold doilies. Dogs were cut with the Silhouette as well. All pieces stitched through.
- Leaves - cut from cardstock on my Silhouette machine as well, then stitched through.
The festive dress we got for the occasion from Mini Boden. This made her day, plus got her out of the aforementioned dog shirt for a few hours.
A couple ideas we implemented but didn't take photos of:
- Decorated treat bags with leftover scrapbook supplies (gems, enamel dots) and puffy dog stickers from the Target $1 section.
- Dog Ears. Every guest got to pick a pair of dog ears to wear for the evening. We all got into the fun because Claire was having such a good time with it. I just googled "dog ear headband" and lots of party supply stores popped up.
I'll leave with a cute pic of the birthday girl.
Thanks again for all your ideas and for celebrating along with us!