Sunday, April 15, 2012

week in review


I'm 28 weeks now, so 6 weeks spent on bedrest.  In many ways, it's flown by, but thinking of another 6 weeks almost seems insurmountable.  The more uncomfortable I get, the harder it gets, but I've been staying incredibly busy, so at least the majority of my time isn't spent in self-pity. 

  1. Easter - Claire loved "hunting" for eggs, but didn't want to carry a basket at all.  Didn't even want a personal basket holder, so she spent the entire afternoon holding 2 eggs.  When she'd find a 3rd, she'd choose which of the two she wanted to give up and leave it right there in the grass.  Fun times.
  2. Claire's Stinky Face book. The drawings are incredibly intricate, but they hold her attention at least for a few seconds.
  3. My sweet girl, all cuddled up requesting some "Pooh."
  4. She doesn't go far without "Lella."  And, let me tell you, the girl has eagle-eyes.  She even spotted a Cinderella mat at Lowe's of all places with her Daddy yesterday.
  5. Ready for a nap.
  6. While we were eating dinner, Claire snuck into the living room and climbed up on the table to get a better vantage point on her Little People.  She was quiet as a mouse for 15 minutes, totally engrossed in moving people from one seat to another.
  7. Snack time.  Bananas are a favorite around here.
  8. My 28-week belly and pajama pant.  I seriously look like a pregnant clown and I know you are all jealous you can't sport that look!
  9. Paper play.  Using my favorite stamp set this month from the Studio Calico May add-on BROWNIE.

8 comments:

justem said...

She's looking so grown up!!! :)

caz hancock said...

Cinderella was Lucys all time fave, Her and Gary can recite and dance the whole movie LOL gotta love daddies and their girls. April you are doing so well it must be so so hard when you want to just be out and about. Really though enjoy the rest :)

Mrs Frizz said...

Just mark the weeks off the calendar, one by one ... and you will be there before you know it.

Your little girl is changing so much - she's still a little cutie patootie.

Iara said...

I was 6 months in bed rest during my second pregnancy. I know how you feel. It is not easy and really boring LOL but totally worth of it. I wish you all the best for the next 6 weeks :)

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

Hang in there! Bedrest stinks, did it for almost 3 mo myself. It is sooo worth it! And the belly shot made me seriously laugh!

Lisa Mack said...

I totally giggled at your "view from the top" photo. I took a few of those while pregnant and so glad I did! It's fun to remember when you're not prego anymore and it's a distant memory of how uncomfortable you were :)

Mrs Frizz said...

Nearly another two weeks down the track ... 30 weeks ... woo hoo ... not long to go now!