Monday, April 13, 2009

resurfacing

Yes, I know it's been awhile since my last post, and trust me, Greg's reminded me about it daily....

It's been a hectic last week to say the least:
  • 2 trips to Nashville, more on this later...we're planning some fun stuff for our Studio Calico peeps ;)
  • dentist/doctor's appointments (3 to be exact)
  • photography class
  • 1 trip to Louisville to pick up Natalee's cake
  • Natalee's Birthday
  • online shopping at BR
  • online shopping at Zappos
  • online shopping at eBay
  • cleaning out the farmhouse....
  • oh, and sneak night is tonight, so had to prepare for that.
I'm exhausted.

Here's some photos to prove my last week to you:
I'm thinking of getting these....they're a bit out there for me, so let me know what you think. I'm hoping they'll go well with lots of tops with jeans or white pants. I have lots of solid tops, so I think the pattern might be fun.
This is on my definite list. So far, there's already been too many times my shoes have been dirty and muddy and I don't want to have to worry about cleaning my good running shoes. They're expensive, but I expect them to last at least 20 years. Do any of you have these? If so, let me know what you think.
I got this skirt and was a bit worried about it at first, because it is definitely high-waisted and it's the only skirt I've ever had like it. I love the fabric and the fit, but it's going to take some getting used to.
I loved this dress from Banana Republic, and I knew with the cut, it would look good on me, so I decided to wear it on Easter with a yellow necklace...anyway, Greg said I looked puritanical. So, I guess I was a hot, bargain-getting Puritan yesterday, because I got it for 30% off plus an extra $10 off and free shipping.
Natalee and Luke at her birthday party.
Lorie helping Natalee blow out her candles. We would have been there for days if she was blowing them out herself. I think more wind hit her chin than anything else.
The cake I got from Adrienne's, a company in Jeffersonville, IN (yes, I know I said I went to Louisville, but this shop is at Exit 0 right across the Ohio River, so I actually spent longer in Louisville than in Indiana.)

And, last but not least, the HUGE mess I have to clean up at the farmhouse. The previous owner, well...let's just say it was a bitter divorce situation, so the house wasn't left in the best condition. They had 5 kids, plus it looks like they invited lots of mice over to play....

I plan to post more before/after photos as we work through this project, but here's just a few to whet your appetite.

(Disclaimer: I just learned that mice droppings and stains and bumps and nastiness, in general, doesn't tend to show up as well in photographs as it does in real life, so you're going to have to trust me that it's N-A-S-T-Y and that Greg gets onto me for not cleaning with a mask and gloves on.)



15 comments:

kelly said...

i bought that yellow pair of hunters and i wore them once then returned them... they got dirty really fast :( i just went with a standard hunter green pair instead. love them... they are SUPER comfy and totally waterproof. i actually bought the huntress style because my legs are just a little bit shorter, but i think you're taller than me ;) totally worth the money!

Cheryl Smith said...

Love the shoes; you must buy them! Thanks for finding them! They are on my list to purchase too!

Rita said...

Love those boots, especially in the fun yellow color! I really need something like that for where we live, so tfs!

Houston said...

Oooh, so many cute purchases! Good luck with the cleaning, it's never easy but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Lisa said...

I have $10 plain old black boots I wear when I go home to Mom and Dad's. I got them at Rural King which is kind of like Tractor Supply, but cheaper. I love the yellow, but I wouldn't want to get them dirty. Love your other purchases as well!! Good luck with the cleaning!

Anonymous said...

who do all the cute little houses and toys belong too? LOVE the shoes and the clothes!!!!

Anonymous said...

April, I have a navy pair of Hunters that I wear quite a bit here in Alaska. However, I have small feet and they are big in the ankles for me. I ended up buying a pair of Xtra-Tuffs.They are not glamourous but I love the fit and they keep the snow and mud of pants. Although they aren't pretty they are practical and now I fit in at the grocery store.
Stephanie B

Hannah said...

so....did this house come with all that extra "Stuff" inside?

Looks to me like you guys have a lot of work a head of you!!! but, it will be SO worth it!

Can't wait to watch the process!

Michelle Springer said...

Love those yellow boots! You must get those!! And that cake...so cute!

AllyW said...

So many cute buys!! Lucky girl you :) And that cake is the cutest cake i've seen!! Love it. Good luck with all the cleaning!

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique said...

Please, please, please. . . . . I want those fabulous wedge sandals - they are awesome!!

*reyanna* said...

LOVE the photos of the house. They didn't leave all their stuff though, right?! Hmm...

And those clothes would all look so good on you! You are so lucky you can pull that stuff off. I SO can not. LOL.

Love the boots too. I don't think that's too much for boots... at all! And yeah, they'll get dirty quickly like Kelly said, but you can hose them off! LOL. You're using them for the ranch and not "out and about" right?!

*reyanna* said...

Oh, and that cake is gorgeous!!!!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

April, did the previous owners really leave all that stuff behind? the toys are too precious to throw even if mouse dropped on!

April said...

Ummm, I don't leave house to work outside in anything OTHER than my Hunter Boots. I LOVE them!! I have the green original :)
I also, wear them to Lowes, the hardware store, the grocery store, and pretty much anywhere my heart desires. Best $125 I ever spent:) Hope you got a pair!
~April