Wednesday, May 28, 2008

inspiration from all sources

So, you've probably noticed by now that the June kits have posted at Studio Calico. If you haven't gotten one yet, what are you waiting for? They're filled with goodness from October Afternoon, KI, and American Crafts, so I know you will love it....I did!



Along with the June kit release, the gallery also posts and I've been waiting patiently to share this LO:

The journaling reads:
I feel so blessed to be where I am right now. I am happy, healthy and glad to be living this life of mine. Sometimes Greg and I will look at each other and say, "Can you believe we are so blessed?" We have our health, we have each other, but most importantly, we have our faith in God. We are so fortunate to be His children.

The design inspiration came directly from something I've been looking at a lot lately: my quilt pattern by Denyse Schmidt! Even the colors are similar....well, kind of.


But, my point is, don't be limited to where you look for inspiration. It's all around and sometimes it's staring you straight in the face!

And, on a side note, it's our 7th wedding anniversary today. My how the years have passed! I'm in Lexington for business, but I think Greg might come up to visit. It would be our first time being apart on our special day, and I think he's at least a tiny bit sentimental....

17 comments:

Nicole said...

i think Greg is definitely a bit sentimental, lol...happy anniversary to you both and as always, we had a blast last night at SC!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was wondering how you came up with that layout - I stared and stared at it last night - loved it. And it's so true - inspiration can come from ANYwhere!

joanne (spagirl) said...

hope you can get together today!!
beautiful layout!!

Michelle said...

Aww.. Happy Anniversary!

Alex Hardy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
that was my *fave page* of yours ... so Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!

i am loving the glimpses of the quilt and love it even more that you used it as inspiration for a page! fabulous!

Anonymous said...

that page is so cool!!!!

Leah said...

Really like the design of that page. The circles look great. I just got 2 new circle punches, so I'm now itching to try something like this.
Happy Anniversary!

Vee said...

happy anniversary!! love your gallery always! :)

Kimber-Leigh said...

Happy Anniversary April and Greg!

And I LOVE that layout! I was so excited to see the whole thing after seeing the sneak!

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. My DH and I are celebrating 20 years today.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
And that's a great layout!
Agnes

Barb said...

Love that LO, April. Love it even more now that I know it was inspired by your quilt.

Anonymous said...

Well that is just fabulous! Happy Anniversary to you!

And mighty awesome layout if I do say so myself. Awesome!

vtpuggirl said...

happy anniversary!
Hope you have a wonderful day.
The layout is beyond gorgeous, I love it.

Angelia said...

The layout AND the squares look great! I'm ordering my Katie Jump Rope this week, but I'll admit - I plan to machine sew, so maybe I can catchup to you :D

Angelia said...

And I hope you had a Happy Anniversary, too!